The ALSO Helen Baldwin Scholarship pays tribute to Helen Baldwin who died in a tragic accident on New Year’s in Day 2007. Helen was a wonderful midwife who played an integral role in the establishment of ALSO in Australia. Helen became an ALSO instructor at the inaugural ALSO Australian course run in January 2001 in Canberra later she became a member of the ALSO Advisory Committee and was one of the first Board Members of the ALSO Asia Pacific company. Helen was responsible for the event co-ordinating of ALSO from October 2005 to December 2006.
The ALSO Asia Pacific Board dedicates an annual scholarship for one rural or remote midwife to attend an ALSO Course. ALSO Asia Pacific will pay for flights, accommodation and course costs for the successful applicant.
● Assistance is available for a midwife who is currently working in rural or remote Australia (that is, outside a city or major metropolitan region) or has accepted a role to work in this environment (evidence of the acceptance is required).
● Assistance is available to attend an ALSO Asia Pacific course in the applicant’s nearest venue.
● Open to midwives who have not attended an ALSO course in the last 5 years and have not received other avenues of funding.
● An ALSO Course must be attended within a 12 month timeframe from the time of the award.
● All awards will be at the discretion of the ALSO Asia Pacific Board and no correspondence will be entered into.
● Applicants will be notified of the ALSO Board’s decision within 8 weeks of the close of application.
● Following completion of the Course a reflective piece of writing will be submitted to the Board with a theme of how ALSO will contribute to practice.
All applicants must complete the Scholarship application form.
Written submissions must be received by the ALSO Asia Pacific Board by 31st October 2018.
All scholarship applications are to be submitted by email to:
Helen Cooke Email: email@example.com.
Please ensure “Helen Baldwin Scholarship Application” is in the subject line.